OFFICIAL SKYRUN 2023 COMPETITION RULES
I. SKYRUN ORGANIZERS
in partnership with:
Smartatletic Sports Club Association, with registered office in Bucharest, 1st District, 1 Hagi Maria Moscu St. sole registration code 18434045, identification no. in the Sports Register B/A2/00017/2005, registered in the Special Register of Associations and Foundations, at the 2nd District Court Registry, no. 159/22.12.2004, legal representative STOICA VLAD-CONSTANTIN, as Chairman.
2BE GROUP SRL, social enterprise – certificate PH/A 0025/2020, with registered office in Campina, 88 Grivitei St., e-mail: email@example.com, J29/1669/2020, CIF [Tax Identification Code] RO43075210, IBAN RO28RZBR0000060022060211 – Raiffeisen Bank, Campina, legally represented by ANTOHE BOGDAN – Director
SKYTOWER BUILDING SRL, with registered office in Bucharest, 1st District, 246C Calea Floreasca, Room P1, 1st District, registered with the Trade Register under no. J40/19701/2008, CUI [Sole Registration Code]RO24781189 and account no. RO 58 RZBR 0000 0600 1120 2849 opened with Raiffeisen Bank, phone 031.711.4037, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by legal representative Leo Forstner – Director,
for the benefit of
social cause supported by Climb Again Sports Club Association
II. EVENT DATA
II.1. DATE OF EVENT: November 11, 2023
II.2. PLACE OF EVENT: Bucharest, Sky Tower, 246C Calea Floreasca, (entrance through Barbu Vacarescu Blvd., near Promenada Mall)
II.3. OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.skyrun.skytower.ro
II.4. TYPE OF COMPETITION: tower running – stairs running competition, from the ground floor of SkyTower to the 35th floor, according to the mechanism described in Section IV.
III. SOCIAL CAUSE
The cause benefiting from the event: Climb Again Sports Club Association.
All funds raised from participation fees and, if applicable, donations/sponsorships, will be directed to organizing free sessions of climbing therapy, kinesiotherapy and psychological counseling for children and young people with disabilities: visual impairment, hearing impairment, autism spectrum disorder, neuromotor disorders, associated deficiencies.
The Climb Again Association is a non-governmental organization affiliated to the Romanian Federation of Mountaineering and Climbing (FRAE), founded and led by Claudiu Miu, former Balkan climbing champion.
IV. COMPETITION MECHANISM COMPETITORS
IV.1. The competition will take place, according to the schedule displayed on the official website, in the SkyTower building, and is open to anyone aged between 18 and 70, who signs up online and goes through all validation procedures.
IV.2. SIG-UP AND VALIDATION:
IV.2.1. In order to participate to SkyRun, competitors should be at least 18, and maximum 70 years old, and cumulatively fulfil the following validation procedures:
- sign-up online on the official website, by filling in the registration form with personal details (surname and first name, gender, age reached on the date of the event, phone, e-mail, city, company) and other reference data;
- pay the participation fee corresponding to the period during which they registered, within 2 business days (48 hours); otherwise, the online registration shall be cancelled;
- to fill in the affidavit provided by the organizers, declaring that they are fit for sustained physical effort, know and assume any risks of this type of running, and that they understand the fact that the organizers are not liable in any way for any of the situations referred to in point IV. 6.10, of the Regulations, and in general for any event or action of participants or third parties that could harm in any way any of the competitors;
- show up within the period set by the organizers to take over the competition kit, with the affidavit filled in and an identity document;
- show up at the start on the day of the competition and take the start at the exact time (which will be provided by the organizer).
- By registering online, participants agree to appear with their name, competition category (by gender and age), city, competition number in the official list of participants, and in the list/ranking of people who have completed the race (with the corresponding time), on the official website.
IV.2.2. Registrations will be limited. The maximum number of places at this event is 500 (400 individual, 100 corporate), and organizers can introduce thresholds for each period/sub-periods. The last day to sign up (subject to available places) is Saturday, October 21, 2023.
IV.2.3. Competitors who have registered, paid the participation fee and received validation of their registration may withdraw from the competition, but the participation fee cannot be refunded.
IV.2.4. The place(s) is not/are transferable.
IV.2.5. Competitors are required to comply with the terms and conditions of these Regulations, the acceptance thereof being deemed expressed by each individual competitor as a result of registering in the competition on the official website.
IV.3. PARTICIPATION FEES
IV.3.1. There are two types of participation fee, for individual and corporate competitors.
- 12-18 September 2023: RON 90/person (individual) and RON 150+VAT/person (corporate)
- 19-30 September 2023: RON 110/person (individual) and RON 150+VAT/person (corporate)
- 1-21 October 2023: RON 140/person (individual) and RON 200+VAT/person (corporate)
IV.3.2. The participation fee can be paid:
- by bank transfer, to the account of the social enterprise 2BE Group – CUI RO43075210, IBAN RO28RZBR0000060022060211 – Raiffeisen Bank, Campina
- online, by card, to the account of the social enterprise 2BE Group – CUI RO43075210, IBAN RO28RZBR0000060022060211 – Raiffeisen Bank, Campina
IV.3.3. The participation fee cannot be paid on the spot, on the day of the event, and no registrations shall be made on site.
IV.4. COMPETITION KIT
Each participant will receive a competition kit, consisting of:
- timing chip
- competition number;
- official t-shirt;
- other products and materials from organizers/partners;
- finisher medal.
The ranking will have 2 main categories – individual and corporate, with 4 age subcategories each:
- Men 18-29 years old
- Women 18-29 years old
- Men 30-39 years old
- Women 30-39 years old
- Men 40-49 years old
- Women 40-49 years old
- Men 50+ years old
- Women 50+ years old
There will also be a prize awarding ceremony on a consolidated general ranking basis – 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for men and women.
If in an age subcategory there are not at least 10 competitors who have completed the race, the organizers may decide to merge it with a lower/higher one.
IV.6. START & TIMING SYSTEM
IV.6.1. For this competition, an electronic timing system, in push-pull regime, will be used.
IV.6.2. The official start will be given on Saturday, November 11, 2023, at 11:00. There will be successive starts every 20 (twenty) seconds, 2 participants at the same time.
IV.6.3. Each participant will be allocated a start time, in the order of competition numbers. All participants will receive the start diagram in due time. Estimated time between the first and last start, for 500 competitors: 1h:30minutes.
- Number 1 and number 2 will take the start at 11:00:00;
- Number 3 and number 4 will take the start at 11:00:20;
- Number 5 and number 6 will take the start at 11:00:40;
- and so on.
IV.6.4. During the race, each participant should follow the basic rules of fair play. Any attempt to hook/intimidate opponents will be punished with penalty seconds (between 10 and 80 seconds) or elimination from the competition.
IV.6.5. There will be at least one referee and/or volunteer on every floor. They will supervise the smooth running of the competition and compliance with the regulations.
IV.6.6. If a person fills ill/shows signs of dizziness/any problem, volunteers and technical crews will report to the organization commandment and medical crews as soon as possible.
IV.6.7. After crossing the finish line, competitors will receive the finisher medal and may stay for 15-20 minutes on the 35th floor, where a hydration and energization point will be in place.
IV.6.8. The departure from the 35th floor shall only be done in groups of 6-10 people, with specially provided elevators, and only in the presence of volunteers and technical staff.
IV.6.9. It is strictly forbidden to participate in this event while inebriated or under the influence of any drugs whatsoever. Organizers reserve the right to eliminate from the competition any person who is suspicious and who may endanger the general safety of the event and/or the safety of other participants.
IV.6.10. Organizers are not and shall not be responsible for any event or action having as effect:
- injury, hitting, harm or deaths of participants during and as a result of the competition;
- destruction or loss of any property or personal effects of any competitor during and as a result of the competition;
- prejudices, damages, regardless of their nature, or any material losses, suffered by any competitor during and as a result of the competition;
- delay or impossibility to sign up for the competition due to technical failures of the official website, beyond the will of the organizers;
- impossibility to access the competition’s website due to technical reasons, beyond the will of the organizers.
IV.6.11. Considering that organizers only provide the venue of the competition, they do not have and do not assume any responsibility towards competitors and/or towards the beneficiary of the competition, in the sense of competitors paying the participation fee or guaranteeing the collection of a minimum ceiling from the participation fee.
V.1. Each category and subcategory will receive prizes. Prizes consist of cups, diplomas, products and/or services. Organizers will announce the prizes on the official website. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize awarding criterion regards the skills and perspicacity of competitors, manifested during the competition.
VI. OTHER PROVISIONS
VI.1. Keeping the cleanliness in the Start, Finish areas and on the route is mandatory.
VI.2. Organizers will communicate on the official website, as well as directly, to each participant (e-mail/phone) the internal regulations of order and security. Compliance with such is mandatory. Any deviation, depending on its severity, shall be sanctioned by the organizers with:
- penalties consisting of extra seconds
- elimination from the competition
VI.3. Manifestations lacking fair play against participants in this sporting event are prohibited. If found, these shall be sanctioned according to Art. VI.2.
VI.4. These Regulations may be subject to changes, updates. These shall be announced on the official page of the event and/or on the other communication channels: facebook, instagram, newsletter.
VI.5. As a result of signing up for the competition on the official website, each of the competitors expressly and unequivocally agrees to the processing by the organizers of their personal data. Organizers guarantee the confidentiality of these data and reserve the right to use such data only for the purpose of carrying out activities related to the competition.
VII. FINAL PROVISION
By this event, all participants, organizers and partners have in mind two objectives:
- sportsmanship (a competition in which fair play and cheerfulness prevail)
- meeting the objectives of the social cause – raising funds for the cause of the event